How Does It Work?
Just like the name, it’s 3-on-3. You’ll play a three-team round robin format. Each “match” is a 6-game round-robin, in which each team plays 4 10-minute games against 2 opponents. Teams are awarded 3 points for every win and 1 point for every tie in the standings. And we keep it exciting for everyone on the team through our two divisions (Sorta Players and Casual).
- What’s the Cost and What’s Included?
Early/regular registration will open TBA and close when the league sells out. League fees are $500/$600 for a team of 6 players ($35 for each additional player over 6 – no limit to number of players on your roster) and $79/$89 for individuals (we’ll get everyone on a team). All American Sports donates a percentage of our profit to charity.
- 6 regular season matches and 1 scrimmage match
- One head referee/game
- A heart-wrenching single elimination playoff tournament (50% of teams qualify)
- One t-shirt per person on the roster
- Gym/Court fees
- “Prize Money” from our sponsors donated to the winning team’s charity of choice
- League administration
- Organized Happy Hours at local bars after the games
- When Does It Start and When Are the Games?
The season kicks off mid-September. The league will run on Wednesday evenings with games going from 7pm to 10pm. Each team will have one game per week.
- Where Are We Playing?
Game locations are TBA.
Please note that game times, location and dates mentioned above are a very good guideline, but may change slightly.
- What Are the Rules?
This is a fun recreational league. So we want everyone to play, stay involved and stay safe. The key rules are:
- 3 on 3
- Scoring – Each regular field goal is worth 2 points. A successful shot from behind the 3-point arc (19’-9”) is worth 3 points. Foul shots are worth 1 point.
- Six 10-minute games/match involving 3 teams. Each team plays the other 2 teams twice for a total of 4 games. Each game counts in the standings. (3 points for wins, 1 point for ties, 0 points for loses)
- Ball changes possession after each basket.
- Starting with the 6th foul (or second foul inside of the final minute), teams will shoot 2 foul shots with change of possession on a made 2nd shot or a live ball on a missed 2nd shot
- Must take the ball behind the 3-point line on change of possession.
- Discretionary 30-second shot clock rule.
- For full set of rules, see link at top of page.
- Levels of Play
- Sorta Players – Pretty good athletes, maybe played together before, but still social and laid back.
- Casual Division – This is the fun division. It’s for you if you’re looking more for the social than the competition or consider yourself a beginner at the organized game.
All American Sports will try to accommodate all team and individual player requests for Division, but cannot guarantee all requests. We will not place a team or player more than 1 division (above or below) their original request.